The primary mission of the Advanced Technologies Park is to promote technology and commercialization of cutting-edge research and innovation being developed through BGU and affiliate institutions such as the Soroka University Medical Center and the National Institute of Biotechnology in the Negev.
The broader mission of the project is:
- To enhance economic growth in Be'er-Sheva and the Negev region and retain the technology resources of BGU in the Negev.
- To strengthen maturing Israeli high-tech industries by housing emerging companies.
- To attract new inward bound technology companies.
- To attract institutional research and technology companies that seek to locate their operations in Israel.
- To nurture start-up companies, including incubator programs.
- To retain exceptional faculty and graduates.
All of this will be accomplished in a sustainable, environmentally sensitive manner using energy conserving approaches in all stages of the development process.